Monday 14 December 2009

Susan Boyle, pop culture icon, inspiration to all.


I'm still catching up on this weekends T.V. I was in London for a 24 hour birthday/festive max out (disposable camera pics to follow, as soon as i find a snappy snaps). Tonight I watched 'I dreamed a dream- the Susan Boyle story'. It was fucking amazing. Her success was compared to Beatlemania, and it was even hinted that she was a cure to recession blues. The cliche 'living the dream she dreamed about' was repeated about a million times during the show. Piers Morgan presented, there was alot of OTT dramatic (and inspirational) music. It was even declared her story was one of the biggest in history. Calm down Piers.
Susan cried, there were on stage fireworks, Simon Cowell declared that she made him re-evaluate his life. This programme really put things into perspective for me.
Su-Bo.. I salute you. You are officially bigger than Jesus. Tonight was an emotional journey, may her rags to riches story inspire the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment